Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse - Craigslist


I love bargain hunting. This is why more and more I have enjoyed going to garage sales, searching Craigslist, or "Slickdeal" shopping online.

So I thought it would be interesting (for me at least) to write about the items my wife and I pick up at garage sales, etc. and the prices we finagle out of the poor saps.

So here we go. My brother graciously sent me a link on Craigslist from a guy who was getting rid of some computer equipment. The title of the Craigslist ad was "COMPUTER PRINTER AND NICE SPEAKERS, CHEAP! - $15 (BURBANK)". At first glance, I had no idea why my brother sent this as I have no interest in either a printer or speakers. But then as I opened the link to the ad, I realized why he sent it. I have been looking for an Apple brand bluetooth keyboard to use on my new iPad (1st Gen), but a new or like new keyboards are going a little above my price range on eBay, etc. at around $50. Within this poorly titled ad, an Apple bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth "Apple Mighty Mouse" was listed at unbelievable $20 for both! Considering the "Mighty Mouse" is worth on average around $20 by itself, I was stoked. After arriving at the seller's house I tested the keyboard on my iPad and saw the mouse power up. I paid the $20 and got $2 back by selling four extra batteries I had with me to test the keyboard.

So all together $18 and four AA batteries for around $70 worth of Apple products. I purposely didn't try to bargain the guy down on the price, because both the keyboard and mouse were mint.

Apple Bluetooth Mighty Mouse; Model No: A1197
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard; Model No: A1255

No comments:

Post a Comment