Saturday, June 18, 2011

Update: Sold Texas Instruments TI-83+ Graphing Calculator


I love it when Craigslist folks are not flakey. I don't like it when they show up early at my door when I'm still brushing my teeth. But I guess it beats not showing up at all.

Anyway, so a guy came over this morning to buy the TI-83+ graphing calculator. While I was scrounging around for batteries so he could test the calculator, he told me he is going back to school and is starting his math class on Monday. He had hurt his back working (hence the cane) so he was looking for a career change, perhaps the medical field.

He said people in his area (Oxnard/Ventura) wanted $50 for their calculator so he thought he would drive 10 extra minutes to get mine for $35. I find it funny that people were pricing their calculators so high. The going rate on eBay was about $35 (excluding all the fees etc.), but these folks had probably paid the retail of close to $100.

Well my $2 investment turned into $35, so a net profit of $33.

Between this sale, the Apple Mighty Mouse sale, and the sweet furniture I picked up yesterday, it makes up for not garage sailing today. I will post next week about the furniture once I get it all home.

No comments:

Post a Comment